Samsung ML1710 (Printer configuration) on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) 35

I am using Mac OS X 10.5.5 and had a hard time finding drivers for our office printer Samsung ML1710. Finally i managed to configure it. Here are the instructions:

1. You need to Download & Install following drivers:

2. Once you are done with driver installation, simply follow printer adding instructions:

So now in your drivers list you will find Samsung ML1710

Hope this helps…

35 thoughts on “Samsung ML1710 (Printer configuration) on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

1. Reply mister rew Jan 2,2009 11:13 pm

i was having the same problem, looked all over the for right CUPS/Samsung drivers with no luck.
    thanks for posting your solution, worked for me too.

2. Reply Steve Jan 18,2009 7:58 am

Awesome – thanks so much for posting this, was incredibly helpful…

3. Reply Dolan Halbrook Feb 4,2009 9:18 pm

Thanks so much for putting this together; helped me immensely. BTW, that third link (gplgs-8.61-ub.dmg) is up a few versions, so people should visit the parent directory and find the latest..

Same goes for the others when they, too, are inevitably updated.

4. Reply kurund Feb 4,2009 9:47 pm

Dolan:

thanx, updated 3 link.

5. Reply Geoff Feb 6,2009 1:29 pm

Hi Do you happen to know anything about the Samsung SCX5312 multifunction printers I am trying to connect my Mac to it over a network and not having much success. I am desperately searching everywhere to find and answer.

6. Reply kurund Feb 6,2009 1:48 pm

Sorry no idea 🙁

7. Reply holden2000 May 5,2009 6:41 pm

Thanks for posting this, it was very helpful. I’m psyched to have my printer back and working properly.

8. Reply matt Jul 1,2009 5:23 pm

Thanks! Works great on 10.6 Snow Leopard (yes) with my Samsung ML-1210

9. Reply Daniel Aug 30,2009 8:50 am

Thank you for this! I’m back to printing on 10.6 with my Samsung ML-1710 and sharing it via the USB port of my Time Capsule

10. Reply Con Sep 2,2009 2:50 pm

I was beginning to think I wouldn’t be able to use my ML-1210 on Snow Leopard. Thanks for making it possible!

11. Reply CD Sep 3,2009 8:40 am

Thanks! I thought I would have to replace my Samsung ml-1710 but these directions worked great! I have the printer running in 10.6 via the USB port on my airport Extreme.

12. Reply a Sep 10,2009 8:34 am

I’m quite happy that Google is starting to pick up this page for ML-1210 and Snow Leopard searches – I once again have a usable printer!
    (that last link should now be http://www.openprinting.org/download/printdriver/macosx/gplgs-8.64so-ub.dmg)

13. Reply Patrick Sep 12,2009 8:13 am

Thanks to you I can now print from Mac OS X 10.6.1 with my Samsung ML-1710!

14. Reply mark Sep 29,2009 7:27 am

Thank you so much!! I’ve been searching everywhere for a solution to get my Samsung ML 1210 to work with Snow Leopard. Your links and instructions made it easy.

15. Pingback: Samsung ML1210 and Mac OS X « Ian T’s Blog

16. Reply Al Ve Dec 10,2009 10:28 am

Thank you so much….!!!! I’m new on mac world. clear explanation helpful. Work for my ML-1710 A.K. xerox phaser 3120.

17. Pingback: Wired Sage — Upgrading to Snow Leopard

18. Reply Mkot Apr 26,2010 2:19 am

Thanks, the instructions helped, my ml-1210 work with SL. However, the printer does not print quite properly – the first couple of lines of each page does not fit into the printing area. Does anyone know how can this issue be fixed?

19. Reply schuby May 14,2010 1:47 am

Hi, I have 10.6.3 and a Samsung ML-1710 printer. I followed the instructions above and was able to print, however the job doesn’t exit the print queue so I’m unable to make any additional prints. I have to either delete the job after it finishes and wait an hour for it to be deleted or I can delete and reinstall the printer. It’s getting to be a real annoyance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks again.

20. Reply maria Sep 10,2010 8:10 am

Thank you, thank you!!! I just upgraded to 10.6 and had no idea my printer wouldn’t work. It took me a few days to find you, but I do appreciate it!!!

21. Reply judy Nov 5,2010 6:18 am

Thank you so much. I just upgraded to 10.6.4. and was dismayed when my printer didn’t work. I had forgotten about the headache I went through getting my Samsung ML-1710 printer to work in the first place, two and a half years ago.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This was easy and it is working like a charm.

Much appreciated.

22. Pingback: Samsung ML2245 (Printer configuration) on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) | it's my blog !!!

23. Reply GarzonStudio Jul 22,2011 1:03 am

I update my Mac to OS X Lion and my printer Samsung ML-1710 is not working anymore, do I need to make an special set Now to get it fixed?

24. Reply Kurund Jalmi Jul 22,2011 3:45 am

Sorry don’t know.. I am still on snow leopard.

Kurund

25. Reply Hans Westerby Aug 20,2011 12:32 pm

i have updated OS X 10.7.1 and my Samsung ML-1710P does not work. Does anyone know where I can find a driver that works?
    Kind regards
    Hans Westerby.

26. Reply Colin Dawson Sep 21,2011 3:01 am

The openprinting.org website is closed at the moment. is there anywhere else that I can download these files? Been looking everywhere without much luck.

27. Reply Kurund Jalmi Sep 21,2011 11:59 am

I am not aware of any other place from where you can download drivers 🙁

28. Reply Colin Dawson Sep 21,2011 5:43 pm

I’ve managed to find all the files except for the foomatic-rip-2008-01-30.dmg. I a newer version that exhibits a problem with the top margin being too high. Once I find the correct file. I will post them up for everyone who needs to get one of the Samsung printers working.

29. Reply Colin Dawson Sep 21,2011 5:53 pm

Whilst searching for the Foomatic-RIP. cam across this site…

I’ve not tried it yet, and will attempt to see if I can make it work with my ML-1520, from my MacBookPro running Lion.

30. Reply Colin Dawson Sep 21,2011 11:53 pm

I just tried the splix, with my ML-1520 works with Lion.

31. Reply venkat Dec 3,2012 10:55 am

I tried it done:-)

good post

32. Reply emilyjkoh Aug 26,2013 9:08 am

Hi, the third link is broken. Do you have an alternative?

33. Reply Dicky Sum Jan 20,2014 10:50 am

Hi,
    For the broken third link, try : http://www.openprinting.org/download/printdriver/macosx/old/

I tested this workaround on Mac OS X 10.9.1, it works so far.

34. Reply Алексей Новиков Jun 3,2016 7:50 pm

Hi all! Does it work on 10.11.5 ? and where can I get the driver? Thank you!